Get the help & support you need NOW
Professional and confidential counselling support
Help is available…you do not need to struggle on your own.
Counselling (also called Focused Psychological Strategies) can help with many concerns. If you have a referral from your medical practitioner, Medicare provides a rebate for psycho education, cognitive behaviour therapy, relaxation strategies, skills training (such as problem solving skills and training, communication training, stress management, parent management training and depression or mood disorders, anxiety, relationship problems, adjustment issues, family conflict, personality disorders, life crisis, trauma and emotional fatigue.
- All appointments are strictly by appointment and are available during and after business hours.
- Once your referral has been received via fax or email, an appointment will be promptly offered
- Counselling appointments are available without referral for all clients including international clients although they are not permitted to claim a Medicare rebate
- With a referral from your Medical Practitioner, you will receive $79.05 rebate from Medicare on the day of your appointment.
Appointments are available as follows (strictly with prior booking):
- Tuesdays: 4.00pm or 5.15pm or 6.30pm.
- Wednesdays: 9.30am or 1100am or 4.00pm or 5.15pm or 6.30pm
- Thursdays: 9.30am or 1100 am or 4.00pm or 5.15pm or 6.30pm
- Some Saturdays: 9.30am or 1100 am or 1230pm or 2.00pm
Please note: Counselling is not offered for concerns with drug or alcohol issues or family violence as these are outside of the expertise offered by this practice.
Medicare will assist with fees for clients based in Australia
Some tips on how to get a referral for counselling:
- Make an appointment with your Medical Practitioner and tell the Receptionist you need an appointment to get a referral for counselling.
- Many Medical Practitioners prefer to fax your referral so take this fax number (02 6013 9646) with you to your appointment. You may choose to fax or email the referral yourself.
- It is necessary to provide the referral at least 3 days prior to your first session so that a file can be made up for you prior to your first session. Your details are confidential.
- If more than one person is attending the session, each will need their own referral faxed or emailed prior to the first appointment.
How many sessions?
If you have a referral from a Medical Practitioner, the number of sessions will depend on what they recommend. Generally, plan for about six sessions to ten sessions although it is possible to have many more sessions if needed.
All sessions are for 50 minutes in duration, unless there are several people attending - on those occasions a 'double session' is booked and charged and EACH person attending needs their own referral.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty, please let me know and you may be bulk billed + pay a small fee.
Your Counsellor - Dr Rhonda Emonson
Accredited with Medicare as a Mental Health Practitioner
Rhonda provides focused psychological strategies for clients just like you.
My goal is to enable clients to feel understood and move toward living a life aligned with their goals and values
I support and provide strategies for clients, helping them to remove the 'blocks' and the 'stuck ness' and to move forward despite their current circumstance
I have extensive qualifications and experience working with national and international clients and assisting each client to make the desired changes.